Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm always a little behind...

(The title of this blog entry comes from my grandmother's fridge. She has a little magnet with a "tush" on it, with that saying... I always thought it was hilarious. 'Course I was, like, six when I first saw it, so maybe it's the childishness shining through...or nostalgia. That's it, it's nostalgia.)

Anywho, the pics are causing a little delay... Mom put me to work separating peas from their pods (LOTS AND LOTS OF PEAS! I was seeing green circles everywhere I looked for quite a while afterwards... and scratching like crazy, since I've now got about 5 mosquito bites from sitting outside) And fixing her sergers (all 3 of them) and then Sarah and Jake took mom and I to town to check out the wedding site and run some decorating brainstorms (did I mention that I get to do LOADS of fun stuff for their wedding?) and go shopping with them for her bridal fabrics (She's so funny. She defers to me on almost everything. I mean, she has her opinions, but she looks to me for confirmation of those opinions. It's like I need to filter the selections into 2 or three choices and then she can pick from those. And she and I have such similar tastes, even if we show them very differently. Also, I have a... a talent, I guess, for sticking to a theme. I know what blends well with what is already selected and what the bride would like. That's part of why I got into this business.) Anyway, I didn't have time to update my blog at Mom's house before I had to come back for work, so she's emailing them to me, which will take a while! Man, if I just had my own camera! All I've got is my phone (which actually works out pretty well. That's where all of the previous pics are from). I'm saving up though.

No comments:

Post a Comment