Monday, August 3, 2009

Chalise

Here's the most recent cake I've made. We'll call it a preview, but I don't know when I'll ever have time to catch up with all the pictures of cakes I need to add to that site. I was pretty stressed about this one, because I ordered fondant online, and it didn't show up and it didn't show up. Come to find out they hadn't even shipped it. So I ordered it again. and I expected it 2 days before the cake. So still stressful, but not too bad. well, it didn't show up until the day the cake was DUE. I MADE this fondant myself, and man was that a PAIN!



When I dropped it off, the MOB (mom of bride) CRIED! She just thought it was so beautiful, and just like what she wanted, and was so glad that it had worked out. I think that's gotta be the crowning moment of my career. I kinda got the vibe that she didn't really have faith in me when she first placed the order. Didn't think it could be done, mostly. And so when she gets it, and it's like what she wanted... Yeah, I needed that.


The inspiration for Chalise came from a cake by Carol Fouts at The Cake Corner, but her listing has since dropped.  I definitely recommend her for anyone in Texas! She is super sweet, her cakes are gorgeous, and she definitely treats each and every customer special.


Chalise
8,12,16" squares
bottom tier serves 128
Chocolate fondant
Gumpaste rope
Fudge Icing silhouette

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I would have to say you have some talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I'm no pro, but that is awesome!!! and can you store fondant? to have some on hand for future weddings? I don't think you need all that extra stress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie: yes, you can store it. And i plan to from here on out. I ordered oodles and plenty so i'd have it on hand, but it just didnt get on hand fast enough. and you're right. Deffinately dont need the extra stress.

    Thanks for the comments guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. I do NOT like making fondant. I think I will stick with buying it. I do not however think I am better than you, I have LOTS to learn.

    ReplyDelete