Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Blog posts that inspired me today:

"PLEASE DON'T NAG YOURSELF WITH THOUGHTS OF FAILURE. DO NOT SET GOALS FAR BEYOND YOUR CAPACITY TO ACHIEVE. SIMPLY DO WHAT YOU CAN DO, IN THE BEST WAY YOU KNOW, AND THE LORD WILL ACCEPT OF YOUR EFFORT."

- GORDON B. HINCKLEY  



THANKS SHATZI! I MIGHT JUST "STEAL" YOUR SOAP RECIPE TOO! LOOKS GREAT!



"Indeed, one of the signs of mature Latter-day Saint life is the ability to see a limitation in ourselves without letting it cast a shadow over all the many other things we do and say....It has always struck me as being sad that those among us who would not think of reprimanding our neighbor, much less a total stranger, for mistakes that have been made or weaknesses that might be evident, will nevertheless, be cruel and unforgiving to themselves. When the scriptures say to judge righteously, that means with fairness and compassion and charity. That's how we must judge ourselves. We need to be patient and forgiving of ourselves, just as we must be patient and forgiving of others."

Howard W. Hunter 



Thanks Mary! I love reading your blog. It's so inspiring! (To those who don't know Mary, check out this inspirational blog on womanhood: http://rejoicinginwomanhood.blogspot.com/)

This helped out a lot, too:

"When you focus on the house, the schoolwork slides. When you focus on the schoolwork, the house slides." (source)

If I'm sewing, the house is a wreck. If I'm cleaning, I'm not reading with the kids, if we're up to our noses investigating the world's first inventions and making some of our own, my sewing projects lie neglected under heaps of fabric scraps and dishes pile up in the sink.


And this whole story.  What can I say, Jessica inspires me on a regular basis! I'd say "when I grow up I want to be like her (which references another one of her posts)," but in truth, I really don't. I mean, I've got trials,  but I don't envy HER trials at ALL! 

Oh, I wish I could share everything! I've spent the whole day catching up on reading blogs! But it was very much worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! No problem! I LOVE that quote. And, I'm glad to know that someone reads my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete