Thursday, July 15, 2010

Some great tutorials

So I'm working on an awesome cake for Threadcakes, and I realize, I have NO clue how to make a hibiscus flower. Or a Gerbera daisy for that matter. And this cake requires both. SO, like most people from my generation, I turn to the internet, and come across these 2 great tutorials. 

I am going to do my hibiscus flower differently, and I'll post my own tutorial on that when I get there. And I dont have that nifty cutter for the daisy, so I'll have to improvise, but I thought they were worth sharing with you. 

Click here for instructions on how to make this Gerbera Daisy.  The tutorial is presented by Make-fabulous-cakes.com, and I'm super excited to try it out. 









And look at the AMAZING hibiscus on Dusky Rose from the UK. I'm not going to make mine the same way (I want to use as little wire as possible for Threadcakes) but I cant get over how beautiful it is. Check out the tutorial here. They also have a nifty little shop with veiners.  

No comments:

Post a Comment