Tuesday, November 9, 2010

3 weeks: Gratitude Challenge

I have tried to like my job. I really have! And I DID like it for the first few months. And then they have made changes and undid changes and changed again and every week is a new change. And the managers and supervisors started treating me like I was a teenager and couldn't think for myself. And... well it just has escalated from there. And finally it got to the point where it was starting to affect other things.  I've been moody and chaotic and scatterbrained recently. I have had to turn down some great opportunities. And it's taken away my weekends. So I finally decided that it was time to quit. And then, right before I went to talk to the manager to put my two weeks notice in... someone else did. And I thought, "well that kills it!" So I couldn't put my two weeks in, because I have this problem about feeling bad for people. I wanted to have Thanksgiving off and the manager had said no, so I was quitting before Thanksgiving. But after the person quit right before me, I just couldn't do that. So I will still be working Thanksgiving weekend. It will be my last day.

I had work yesterday. And the whole time I had to keep telling myself that I only had 3 weeks left. Only 3 weeks. I just cant wait to be treated like a grownup again!

No comments:

Post a Comment