Tuesday, November 30, 2010

But Not All of it

 The things you say when this is your first romance are different after you're already a mom. See, he can't have all of my heart. A piece of it is already taken. And although they say your heart grows with each new love, it seems like most couples start out with a larger percentage they can give than I can. The only way I could explain it was to write it in poetry form. (Trolls, please don't steal my work...)

I love you,
           Yet you are not my only love.
You have my heart
           But you still don't have all of it.
You mean so much to me, 
           Yet you are not my everything.
I can't wait to spend time with you, 
     I start my days wondering when I get to see you,
           Yet my life does not revolve around you.
You are my love,
            But you are not my life. 
You mean the world to me,
           But you are not my world.
I treasure you,
           Yet you are not my only treasure.
I'm blessed to have you in my life,
           But you are not the only blessing.
You are not the reason I'm alive.
You are not my one and only.
I am not nothing without you
            Because I'm still Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment