Thursday, November 11, 2010

Legs That Walk: Gratitude Challenge

I love walking. I mean it, LOVE. I grew up living outside a small town, where it was much too far away to walk anywhere. And when we moved, we moved even FURTHER out of a small town. So I never had the chance to walk to wherever I needed. And I really LOVE walking. I love living close enough to go to the store or the school or the bank or wherever without getting in the car. I love the way exercise makes you feel, even if it's not that much exercise to even count. I love that I am saving money and that makes me feel good. And technically, I'm supposed to be training for a 5 mile run and have done absolutely nothing to prepare thus far, so walking is my only saving grace! I think it's funny, but every time I walk, everyone offers me a ride. No one seems to enjoy walking as much as I do. I guess they're all in a hurry, or maybe they're cold, and I'm cold too, but to me it's worth it.

Well, after getting 3 offers for rides in one day I was about to hang in the towel, so to speak, and just drive everywhere, when one of my freinds pulled me aside and said "Keira, you are my inspiration. I see you walking everywhere and I want to be more like you. " I am so glad she did! Because I was about to give up something I really enjoy just because I was sick of making people worry about me! But I mean I cant just stop doing something if someone else admires me, can I?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! It's something that I have been trying to embrace myself and while I think I'm not doing a half bad job I have fare to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love walking. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete