Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Questions: 5 Things You Love About Christmas.


  1. I love how people are more giving. And more accepting of help, too.
  2. I love that you can do something just because you want to and not because you want any glory from it, and then you can blame it on Santa. And that it's perfectly okay to remain anonymous for it.
  3. I love the twinkle in my little girl's eye. And how to her, this time of year spells endless opportunities and magic. In her eyes, anything is possible at Christmas time. And I love how it wears off on me. Everything becomes a little brighter, a little more mystical, and a little more possible this time of year.
  4. I love the GOODIES! Chocolate mice, and gingerbread men (I admit those are more fun to make than to eat) and fudges and candies and cookies galore, and spice cakes. Mmmmmm...
  5. I love the excuse to make things. So often I come up with some excuse to let my crafting wait for another day. But at Christmas time, I get to dust off the old ingenuity and enjoy. Especially these past 2 Christmases. My mother made a challenge for all of us last year that everyone should try to make their gifts homemade instead of store bought, and WOW, what a way to celebrate Christmas. It puts the meaning back in the gifts. Each and every gift MEANT something last year. Be it the cookbooks I typed up or the quilt my sister made. Everything was personal, again. And ever since, I've decided to keep it that way. At least for as long as I have the sanity to do so...

No comments:

Post a Comment