Tuesday, December 21, 2010

When I Grow Up...



I interrupt my regular posting to tell you about a woman who inspires me. She is everything I hope to be, and I've been thinking about her all week! Mostly because I've seen her everywhere all week. This woman inspires me, and I hope to be more like her some day. Let me explain...

This woman runs in races. She has organized so many community events. She is raising the most polite and entertaining children I've met. She inspires the youth with her testimony. She not only serves on the school PTO board, but also the Friends of the Library committee meetings, and she used to do all of this while also being the President of her ward Young Woman program. And her kids are priceless! Everyone knows them, because everyone is so in love with them. Especially the middle child, who just brightens up a room. She's 4, I think, and very NOT shy. This little girl has such a great countenance, the type that can bring Scrooge and Oscar the Grouch to belly laughs. And Her older and younger children are the same way.

This woman teaches me how to save. Her family will be going to Disneyland this summer. Any guesses on how the trip was funded? They walked throughout their neighborhood many MANY MANY times and found old cans. Their trip to Disneyland is a result of LOTS of work saving up cans to fund the way. I mean think of how many cans that is!

And I've heard from SO MANY young women that she is an example to them. I don't blame them. She's an example to ME!

When I grow up, I want to be a lot like her. I want people to know what I stand for, I want to do things that are hard, I want to make a difference in my community, in my church, and to my children. She inspires me to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment