Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 goals

A new year that's screaming for a fresh start is obviously going to have some goal-setting going on, right? And mine is already off to a great start. Especially considering that normally, I don't start any resolutions until February. See, I figure, I start when everyone else has already given up, so there's less negative feedback, besides, I give myself a whole month to prepare my life for a new goal! It's really a win-win.

This year, I was eager and ready, so I started in December, instead! It's kind of refreshing to feel more than a month ahead, actually. And since blogging was one of my goals, and also since blogging is a great way to keep track of said goals, it is now time to unveil the mystery you've all been waiting for! ;c)




  • In 2012, I will improve my food storage abilities. I will grow a garden (I actually already do this, but I will do it again this year). I will add to our storage. I will create a rotation system that works, and we will use those foods that need used first. We will use our own produce before we need to purchase any from the store. 
  • In 2012, I will take better care of myself. I will eat healthy foods, drink water, take my daily vitamin to cover all the additives in modern food I'll be trying to avoid, pamper myself, and get enough sleep. I will track the progress of this goal on a weekly checklist.
  • In 2012, I will travel the road of self-discovery. I will complete my Me Project, and share the concept with others.
  • In 2012, I will help AJ excel in school. 
  • In 2012, we will have effective and beneficial Family Home Evenings. Every Monday night, or at least weekly, we will start with dinner and a family meeting. We will participate in a lesson that is entertaining and meaningful, that will be easy to remember. We will end Family Home Evening with an activity, a treat, and an assignment for next week. I will make an effective and beautiful FHE chart for each month.
  • In 2012, we will do everything in our power to save enough for Ranger to go to college. We will practice good spending habits. We will pay tithing first, savings second, bills third, and will save or spend the rest wisely. Our income will be lower than our expenditures.
  • In 2012, AJ will begin to learn those skills she will need as an adult (really should have implemented this at a younger age. It was there, just not ans a coherent effort). She will continue to be in charge of cleaning her room. I will not care how clean it is as long as it is picked up and her floor is free of clutter (and LAUNDRY). She will begin to understand the importance of making a bed. She will also learn the art of folding her own clothes. In January and February, I will fold them with her so that she understands the process. (She is already in charge of putting them away). She will also have 2 rotating chores for a whole week. She will do it at least once, but on an as-needed basis. She will be asked to do more that is not listed on the chore list.
  • In 2012, I will complete all of my unfinished projects. This will open up my time, but mostly my spaces for doing the things that really interest me. My basement will be a space of functionality and order. I will organize my fabric and crafts, digitize my documents and papers, complete my family cookbook, organize my wedding supplies, and file all appropriate papers. The laundry/storage room will be functional and neat. 
  • In 2012, we will remodel this house. It will start with the wiring and paint. We will also have a beautiful and effective yard and garden. We will put in flowerbeds and manicure our fruit trees. We will add fences and sidewalks and keep up on maintenance.
  • In 2012, I will blog. I will combine all my blogs (check) and divide my posts into tabs. I will track progress on my blog, while also having a free and creative outlet to share myself with the world.
  • In 2012, I will complete my personal progress as a leader. I will receive my medallion  and motivate my Young Women to do the same. I will also plan activities before they need completed. 
  • In 2012, I will continue on my goal to study all of the standard works. I will find a way to balance this goal so that it is part of my daily life. 
  • In 2012, I will be happy and in good health in all aspects of wellness. I will fight for my right to be happy. I will not surrender my happiness to the daemons of my past. I will be in a constant state of progression. I will regularly select a task from my study on wellness and improve it by setting new goals throughout the year with a specific and measurable outcome in mind. I will pick something I can track or focus on for a measurable amount of time. I will not expect perfection, only progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment