Thursday, September 6, 2012

What I Stand For

Still reflecting on what is worth standing up for in this life. I know this post is mostly for me right now, but I'll share it anyway.


  • I stand for my daughter's rights. I stand for her best interest. She is my strength, and I can be hers. She is the only reason I need to stand up. Her well-being and her childlike love are enough.
  • I stand for justice, although I also stand for mercy.
  • I stand for marriage. Even being divorced, and so grateful for divorce, I stand for unity and working things out. And because I stand for it, and have lived the other, I stand for equality and healthy relationships.
  • I stand for truth, even if it hurts. I'd rather know where I stand with someone than be told lies. Even if that person doesn't like me. I also have no respect for a person who looks shiny on the outside but inside their jar is empty. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Keira! I've been enjoying your new blog. . . or at least it's new to me. You are such a great person. Thanks for sharing your insights! I think it's great that you're willing to try home schooling if you feel that's best for your daughter. I'm curious what happened? You don't have to share if it's personal. Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete