Saturday, October 20, 2012

Blessings Via Raindrops:week 1

I wanted to update and let people know how life's going.

Day 1 went well. Cooked up the broth, had my fiber, attempted the nasty nasty nasty liver drink, gave up on that for a garlic pill. I know its not as effective, but at least i can stomach it! This chica of mine ate all the veggies from the broth. She actually loved the cooked spinach, the weirdo. And the onions, but I didn't tell her what they were. There was actually no flavor or salt or anything, and she gobbled them right up.
We registered her for school, too. I have to say, after homeschooling, I saw so so so much sickness of society in my brief hall-loitering time while getting her all signed up. I was glad I had a friend there to keep me from screaming, "don't you all know how wrong this is?"

Day two of the diet really didn't' bother me much at all. I didn't even feel hungry unless it was time to ingest something again I spent a good chunk of the day in the temple. Maybe that helped.
It was also the first day of school. It went well. I wished there had been wailing and screaming and gnashing of teeth, but she had fun. And that's fair. I figured the rewind wouldn't happen all at once. Would have been nice, though. She actually has all of the problem kids from the past 2 years of public school in her class, except for 2, so I'm just watching on that one.


Day 3 of the broths and I was craving carbs something fierce. I'd think "man, I'd love a cinnamon roll," and "I just want a piece of bread. Just one!" my friends fed my daughter so I didn't have to. Her food looked amazing. I also felt pretty weak and tired, but not sickly. Following the path.
The girl enjoyed school this day, too. What she didn't enjoy was the lack of time once we got home.

Day four brought the headache they say is normal, but it didn't last long. I'm used to debilitating headaches, so actually I have to say I'll take this one over the others any day! At this point, I realized that if this was going to work for me, I'd have to modify the diet a bit. For the sake of not being too far in the TMI range, we'll just say I decided that you can't cleanse without something for the fiber to work with.so I had an egg, some spinach, and some garlic-onion-yogurt mixture I concocted myself in the hopes it'd taste semi-decent on vegetables. I I honestly couldn't eat very much.
This was Friday, and she actually had the day off. I was such a good mom, I told her that since it was a day off, that meant she needed to clean her room. I told her I wasn't going to let her slack off, even though she was in school. Needless to say, the whole day wasn't a big free-for-all and the room still is not clean. It's funny how fast her neatness and good habits slipped away. Before, I'd just say it needed done and it'd be a breeze. Now she needs micromanaged for every step. She said prayers tonight - she prayed she could be homeschooled again.

Day five, I had a Relief Society Meeting involving repurposing things, and I was teaching one of the mini-classes, so I went. It was exhausting all around, but I survived. The food smelled DIVINE! And none of it fit the bill. Everyone was reveling over the apple dessert. I got the recipe and downed my water. I did cheat a little bit and have some of the broth from one soup. It sounded safe-ish. I probably should have avoided it, just to be safe, but I felt fine with a little taste, so I had some. I let my girl eat all my corn and tomatoes. I followed the water-fiber-diet today with a green veggie-loaded omelet for dinner tonight. Amazing how good real food can be. And I included my yogurt and added extra garlic. Those two secret ingredient get rave reviews for killing a systemic infection. It was sooo good. I wish I'd let myself eat more. I think by the end of this, I'm going to be sick of garlic. And everything green. But they say, after a while, your body reprograms and you actually start going for them when you're hungry instead of getting sick of them. Also, I'm starting to talk myself into believing this is all in my head. If it hadn't have been for that obvious allergic reaction, I would believe it, too.
We had our first absolute whine today. Holy cow does this all come back fast. And the tummy aches. And the boredom. Every time she was entertained, it was by homeschool tricks. Measuring cups and light-properties. Oh, I guess there was that bit she played with her dolls. And they were discussing the pros and cons of public schooling. ;)

Anyway, I wanted to share this song I just heard (thank you Pandora). It sums up my impressions a lot lately.


"What if Your blessings come through raindrops? What if Your healing comes through tears? ...What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?"

I can't help but feeling, from day one, that this is all going to work out. That this is really the catalyst I've been longing for. That these trials are exactly what I need. When my friend was going through a hard time and would say things like that, it used to drive me nuts. I was way too cynical. I would think she was weird for always thanking God for her trials and saying bring it on. But when you listen... It all just... Feels so worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard that song before. but I think its a new favorite... at least for right now. :) thanks for posting it

    ReplyDelete