Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Routine

The past two days have been better. No sign of that emotional breakdown over a silly coconut. And he didn't ruin it... Too badly. I'm getting into this routine, now. Fiber with breakfast, leftovers for lunch, and throwing the few things I can eat together in "different" mixtures that are rather similar. A positive about this new diet is the freedom to experiment and get creative with only a few basic ingredients. I'm learning a ton about food and how it cooks and how to capture the best flavors. And I thought food science class was great!

With all the homework my poor student had yesterday, she didn't get to touch her toys at all. Today either. I think more than anything, that's convinced her more than anything else. She's getting so strained. Oh, and she's about 3 months ahead in math. And her reading level is on level. I was worried they'd throw a big fit about it. I took her from average, and now she's bored at school and stuck doing homework at home.

On the flip side, I found a way to make it to one of her homeschool co-op classes without it counting as missing school. She was SOOO happy. And that fed the "I want to be homeschooled again" fire inside her, so now it's raging. She has this idea that if she asks, her father will let her come back. I told her to go ahead and try it but not to be surprised when she couldn't convince him. For her sake, I'll pray she's got the strength and pull, but this is the dad that made her miss every soccer game this summer. I'm not holding my breath. Instead, I'm racking up the positive evidence for our January court date.

No comments:

Post a Comment