Saturday, November 10, 2012

All the posts that never happen...

I take pictures thinking that I'll get those posts up, and then I never manage to actually write those posts. Instead, I end up droning on and on about feelings and allergies. blech. And even now, I've got a limited window in which to post them. And I've been writing this post all week! I wish I were faster at  blogging. But I'm too perfectionisty.

So here's all the pics I've been meaning to blog about all month:

First of all, I really didn't get into the spirit of Halloween, this year. Usually I do, and if I had been homeschooling, I would have. But this just wasn't the year for our family. Too much adjusting and going on. Too many carnivals we're setting up and not attending. And too many other things on our  mind. But I did have to buy the most expensive costume EVER! (just kidding. But boots are expensive!)

Untitled

Untitled


and, FYI, if you procrastinate going to the store to get candy (because you can't eat it anyway) you get a whole lot of this:

The shelves were BARE. That's what I get for going to the store at 5:00 Halloween evening, I suppose.

In other news, the leaves are falling. My daughter says it makes fall the best time of the year.

Untitled


Untitled

We had a Field Trip to the Boise Temple (planned before I had to put the student back in school, and since I had to get tickets, and it was planned, I will defend my decision).


I love this pic! I confess I'm kind of proud of myself for taking it. But my mom noticed the beauty first. And the symbolism of Moroni being lit.

Untitled

This is my sister-in-law. She has the cutest nephews I've ever had... okay, so they're the only nephews I have, but, look at them!

Untitled


Untitled


Untitled

No really, look at them and not at my close-up camera skill awkwardness.

My dad the hero. I kind of like how he's starting to look more and more like a grandpa. It's one of those things you never think about enjoying. 

Untitled

What happens after your kid's been "homeschooled" for a few days (aka after our fieldtrip):

Untitled

Picking up a book again. And reading every word. And yes, piles of coats happen, too. And Teddy bears. It's so funny to compare the difference in a kid. When she's bored while enrolled in public school its whiney-voiced "I'm Boooooored." But after a few days back in her ideal element, she's heading right for the books again! 

So, in a nut shell, all the posts I didn't write this past few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment