Saturday, November 10, 2012

Change


I did something drastic. And I love it. I went from this:


Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

to this: 

UntitledUntitled
Untitled

I wish my camera was in better focus for these, but C'est la vie. And I swear I'm smiling in all these pics. Must work on portraying a real smile that shows in a camera...

I've been letting my hair grow out for over 3 years. My ex always told me to cut it short because maybe it'd make me do something with it. Total power play. So I grew it out so long in spite of him. And to reprogram myself into seeing beauty. I really liked it, actually. And then it became coat weather. And I have super-wispy hair. fine and thin. it ended up being a huge fly-away rat's nest. major blech. it was seriously a pain to brush (6 times a day) and in my face and clinging to my hands when I would reach up to pull it away. And OH MAN, the shedding! I was just done. It was the longest I've ever had my hair, though, so I was a little sad to cut it. But I love it now. I love that I can use a comb and not a brush because the huge knots are gone. I love that I can do cute things with it if I want to, but I don't have to. I love that it's feminine. That was my huge request. I need more femininity in my life. I love that it frames my face. I actually liked how long my face looked when I had long hair, and was rather shocked at how round my face looked after I cut it! It took some getting used to. 

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love it. I did the same thing a few months ago. Cut about 12 inches off. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good! Also, I'v been leaveing less comments because I can't read the security word thing very well but I'm still reading and enjoying. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete