Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How my FHE lessons are going to be changing.

I've been trying to figure out a way to get my Family Home Evening lessons to click.

For one thing, I'm not going to spend so much time linking. I've given the sources. If anyone ever actually LOOKS at my work, they can do the legwork and get the link themselves. I'll link a ton, still, but every song? My time's worth more than that. Especially because each person isn't going to need every song. They'll need one. So it's a lot less work for them to get the song they're looking for than for me to link to every song I think is pertinent  I'll probably still link the scriptures, though. Because they're helpful to me, and because I know how I am when it comes to looking up a scripture, and I"m guessing others are the same. If I have to do the work, I'll delay a while.

Secondly, I want to prepare these lessons so that my kid (and future kids) actually want to/can give them. It's kind of a waste if I don't. And way more work than I want to give. I also want to keep them fun, so they don't turn into preaching. I got enough preaching lessons as a kid. Not really helpful. I'll be including more activities, and a simpler lesson plan. HOWEVER, I don't want them to become too simple and "fun" that a teenager shuts off. Then I'm doing myself a disservice in a couple of years, and I'll have to do this all over again; therefore, I'll include a lot more thought provoking questions and quotes for the older preparer. And now that they've changed the youth curriculum to be oddly similar to my lesson schedule, I'll also be including them into my resources.

Thirdly... Well, I'd like to do a whole lot less stressing about it.

Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment