Sunday, January 27, 2013

Released

I was released from Young Women Personal Progress today. And I know I should be sad, and I will miss the girls, but I am really grateful. I've felt like I should ask to be released for a while now. I need to cut some things down until I learn to handle stress better. I need to focus on me and my family more (and yet I blog more than ever now! But really, blogging is helping me fulfill my goals to spend time with my family and keep a good running tally on my goals. And, I don't know, it keeps track of my thoughts better so I can put them down and deal with life).

But I kept rationalizing that if it were time for me to be released, I'd be released. So I waited. And honestly, it didn't take too long for me to get released, either. But with the new layout of Young Women lessons, I really don't think the leaders needed a personal progress adviser. It felt like I was the scapegoat. And I really struggled finding out I'm the scapegoat at church, too! The leaders should know the program. The youth should just do it. I shouldn't be there to tell the leaders which lessons go with which personal progress, or tell the youth that they should work on faith number 1 this week, knowing full well none of them will do it. Or create this wonderful activity that 4 girls show up to and all they have to do is read or journal, and yet none of them sign off on the experience. I don't mean to sound bitter, I'm not. But I do think that there is a better way (and there's no guidance for a personal progress adviser in the guidebooks to the church, so I feel semi-justified in saying that).

At any rate, I get to go back to Relief Society, get to re-know the ladies in my ward (which is good, because my one real friend in the ward is moving at the end of the month and I could use a friend), and enjoy the new adventures of not feeling stressed or obligated.

And luckily, they just called a new Relief Society presidency today. And I'm not in it! ;c)

No comments:

Post a Comment