Sunday, February 3, 2013

Curley Heart Garland

I don't have any in-process pictures of this tutorial, because it was pretty easy and we were on a roll when we did it, but it's easy enough to figure out, so hopefully you will not miss them.

First cut some 8.5x11 paper into 3/4" to 1" strips. Then fold them in half. Then curl the ends inward. Hot-glue fishing line in between the curls at varying distances. I kept our line curly, and it was pretty cute. If you don't like it curly or if the hearts' bottoms stick out too far for your tastes, you can punch a hole through and string them onto the line. Place them where you want them before you glue.

TaDa! That easy.


Don't you love the reflection of my kitchen in the background? Some day I'll be better at photography and come up with a clever shot that doesn't showcase my whole house and its various projects...

I had a bunch of extra paper, so I decided to surprise my favorite kid and decorate above her door with the heart chains.


And then I decided I liked them spread out better...

No comments:

Post a Comment