Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Real

I've been putting so many superficial posts up for Valentine's Day it's been bugging me. I don't want to be one of "those" bloggers. This is my space, and I'm not wanting to get caught up in impressing the blogosphere so that I can't be myself. So, I'd like you to meet Dorothy Anne. She's chillin' (pun intended) at our house for a while!

BeFunky Grunge 1 on iPhone

It was great snowman snow a few days ago and I'm usually such a bum. It takes so much work for me just to play! I don't know why it's so hard. I guess because it's unknown and free? But anyway, we just needed a play day at our house, and so I made myself drop everything and we went and had a blast in our own back yard. we made snow angels, we cannonballed into snow piles (okay, the kid did. When did I get so old so that snow-cannonballs don't even sound fun and only sound painful), we built Dorothy Anne, and of course we had the requisite snowball fight. And no one got too cold (yea for layers!) and nobody whined when hit in the head with a snowball (the snow was perfect because it would stick together without having to be compacted so that it gets hard). It was most definitely the most fun I've had in a long time. And a perfect calming of my nerves on the concept of fun.

And to make it all the better? The words, "Mom, this is the best day of my life!".

1 comment: